My name is Alissa Circle, and I’m an addict. No, I’m not blogging from rehab. My addictions aren’t harmful. But, they are addictions. As Merriam Webster says, being an addict is “to devote or surrender (oneself) to something habitually or obsessively.” And that’s me when it comes to creating—anything really. Style, food, DIY, healthy living, building community. There’s a limit to my addictions, but I haven’t found it yet.
Before we go any further, let me address that I did in fact used to be known as Rags to Stitches. This was the perfect outlet to share my handmade accessories for the fashion-forward mom with the world…and sell them too. Mixed with personal anecdotes, style posts and foodie discussions, I was sharing my passions and making some life long friends. Little did I know, but an incredible community of faithful readers, loyal shoppers and a number of gifted bloggers was growing—which led me to my next creation.
The blogosphere has power. We can impact social agendas, speak into corporate America, and evoke real change. It was then that I realized a budding business was buzzing in my head. With a whole lotta faith, my husband and I birthed (keep it clean people) Pollinate Media in 2012 with the goal to humanize marketing for brands and to create opportunities for social influencers, like myself, to monetize their real estate (blogs).
With my business taking off, it was with much sadness—and a little relief—that I closed the virtual doors to my handmade shop. Farewell comments board! A businessperson needs to focus on their business. But, like all addicts, I started to feel the tingle for posting and sharing, commenting and tweeting.
Therefore, I’m pleased to unveil Diary of an Addict. We’ll discuss the joys and fails of parenthood; the struggle of working out and personal acceptance; balancing family, business, blogging, and faith; keeping it real while letting stuff go. Oh, and we’ll talk a lot about food and my journey from Frozen Food Cook to Made From Scratch Chef.
I’m so thrilled you’re here and hope you’ll share your journey with me as well.
Five Tidbits About Alissa:
1. I grew up in Southeast Asia. Brunei, Hong Kong, Thailand and Malaysia to be exact. My dad worked for Sheraton Hotels and his job allowed us to have some really wonderful travel experiences.
2. I love to eat. I love finding local hidden gems to try because there’s nothing like good food and conversation. But I also have a new addiction I discovered on my fitness journey and that is cooking great food from scratch.
3. I don’t like being confined an office. I find working from local coffee spots or my kitchen table, is what keeps me inspired and energized, which is so good for your soul.
4. Five years ago, my husband and I co-founded Pollinate Media Group, then two years ago we founded Weave Made Media. We work with top influencer bloggers across the nation to help them monetize their real estate (their blogs). Then last year we founded Target Made Me Do It.
5. My biggest addiction: coffee, which is one of the biggest reasons I began my Coffee Date Friday series. Have you joined me yet?
I currently live near the ocean in the fantasy land called Southern California with my serial entrepreneur husband, my 9-year-old darling daughter and my 7-year-old snuggle-obsessed son.
all photos by Brittany Wood Photography