In my quest to cook all things delicious that incorporates zucchini, before the 6 logs I have in my fridge go bad, I’ve prepared another yummy recipe for you. The bonus is that it really did taste delicious, even had hubby’s approval and we all know how damn important that is. Who likes a sulky, hungry, crabby husband? #notme
This meal actually went over pretty well in my house, even the littles were willing to try it. I have one more adventurous one (my daughter) and one who loves to eat, but is pickier about what he will eat.
- 1 medium size zucchini, cut in 1/2
- 2 small shallot onions
- 1 cup chopped mushrooms
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- Pre-heat your oven to 400 degrees
- Prep all your veggies. I chopped up my onions and mushrooms, but then used a cheese grater for my zucchini and cheese. I didn’t want my frittata to feel like there were large chunks of zucchini, so grating it worked perfectly.
- In a separate bowl, mix your eggs and milk.
- In a cast iron skillet pan I added my zucchini, mushrooms and onions.
- Next pour your egg mixture over the top, making sure to cover all your veggies.
- Lastly add your parmesan cheese over the top. You can also mix it in with your veggies, I just loved the idea of having it baked on top. Totally up to your taste buds.
- Bake your frittata at 400 degrees for 20 minutes or until you see it start to brown on top. The eggs will “puff up,” which is a sign that they are baking. I also, used a toothpick to check the center for good measure.
Serve hot and enjoy!!