Triple Twist Updo for Short Hair
Hi Rags to Stitches readers!
I’m Natalia from Ma Nouvelle Mode and I am back to share another hair tutorial with you today! You may remember me from last time with my super long hair showing you three braids that are perfect for winter.
Well, I have since chopped my hair off and am enjoying creating tutorials for all the short hair gals out there!
Today I have a triple twist updo that’s perfect for short to medium length hair. In fact, this could work on long hair as well.Really versatile!
You want to know how easy this is? It’s easy, ladies, oh so easy. I have two little boys running around at home and don’t have a ton of time to spend in the bathroom getting ready. So my goal is to find ways to look cute in less time and then come share them all with you!
Here is all you’ll need:
- Bobby pins
- Root lifting spray (I used this one but this one is amazing also)
- Dry Shampoo (this one is pretty stinkin’ good & I’ve heard this one is great too)
- Hairspray (one of my favorites, or this one is great too)
Here’s the break down and if you’d like to see how it’s done, I have a video tutorial for you at the bottom of this post.
- Start by teasing the hair from the crown to nape of the neck.
- Smooth out the top layer so it’s not too frizzy.
- Take the middle section in and pin into a low bun, not pulling tight, but making sure to keep the shape.
- One side at a time, twist back your hair loosely and secure in a bun next to the middle one or you can secure around the original bun.
- Repeat on the other side.
- Add hairspray & voila! You’re done!
There you have it! Super easy hairstyle for all your shorties, well short haired girls out there! I hope you enjoyed it! And since I am seriously loving my short hair (and kinda missing my long hair at the same time!) I will have some other short hair styles coming at ya!
Here’s the video, enjoy!