I love to bake. There’s something so relaxing about it that I just can’t put my finger on. I could spend hours in the kitchen in front of the warmth of my oven, creating goodies to share with my family and our neighbors and friends. And don’t even get me started on how amazing our home smells after I’ve been baking in the kitchen. It feels as though the smell permeates our entire home and I get to enjoy it for hours. One of my favorite things to do is bake something special for my kids while their at school that they can enjoy warm and fresh from the oven when we return home from pick up.
If you’re a long time reader, it’s no secret that I’m a big chocolate lover. I actually keep chocolate chips hidden in my pantry for those moments during the day when you just need a little something sweet. (side effects of having a sweet tooth). The other day when I was picking up a bag to refill my stash I discovered these babies. Nestle Toll House DelightFulls – ummm filled chocolate morsels, say what?!! Of course, I had to add a couple of these babies to my cart to take home and try. With some bananas browning on my counter, I thought Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Chip muffins would be the perfect mid day snack. They are quick and easy to whip up and I promise your family with love you!
And if you don’t bake from scratch, don’t worry, pick up a banana bread mix and some oats from the store when you grab a few bags of DelightFulls and voila!, you’ve got your muffin mix ready to go. For those of you who love mixing and baking from scratch, here’s my go to recipe for my banana oatmeal muffins, with added chocolate chips , of course.
- 2 cups of Flour
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 1 cup of rolled oats (I use Bob’s Red Hill oats)
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp of nutmeg
- 4 bananas, mashed
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup Nestle Toll House DelightFulls Morsels (I used Caramel + Cherry Filled)
- Pre-heat your oven to 375 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, combine all the dry ingredients: flour, brown sugar, oats, baking soda, baking powered, salt, nutmeg and cinnamon. Mix well
- In a separate bowl (I use my Kitchen Aid mixing bowl for this part to make it easier to mix all ingredients together well), combine all your wet ingredients: mashed bananas, eggs, vanilla and melted butter. Mix well.
- A little at a time, add your dry ingredients to your wet ones and mix together well, allowing all the ingredients to combine. Once mixed add your chocolate morsels.
- Grab a muffin pan and liners (if you use them). Using a spoon, spoon in the mixture into each liner, filling them 3/4 of the way to the top.
- Bake for 15 minutes
- Serve warm + Enjoy!
Let’s just say you can’t go wrong serving these up in your home! My family was raving over how mouth watering delicious they taste. Happy Baking!
Thank you to Nestle Toll House for sponsoring today’s post and inspiring me to try the new DelightFulls Filled Baking Morsels!