Around the Web This Week
Happy Saturday! How has your week been?
It’s been a busy week around here. Here’s what we’ve been up to off the blog:
- Katelyn was the person of the week this week at school and her teacher went all out to make her feel special this week. Today she got to bring her favorite person to class to share with her friends and she chose her Papa Circle, Kyle’s dad. He came in and talked about growing grapes and strawberries and even had strawberries for all the kids to take home. It was such a precious moment to watch her proudly look at her Papa as he spoke.
- This week has been a long one for me because I’ve spent most of it with a terrible head cold. While I feel like I might finally be at the end of it, I have a nasty cough that won’t quit. I’m drinking water and eating soup like it’s going out of style.
- The most amazing piece of #happymail arrived on my doorstep this week. A Lily Jade bag and it’s amazing! Be sure to snag one!
- Brayden, once again, earned the right to the prize box at school for being a super student all week. I was relieved at first when he didn’t choose the alligator pencil as he usually does, but when he picked the “sticky hand” I’m not sure that’s much better. He’s been throwing that thing at walls and chairs all day. #boys
- If I’m being honest, I think I’m ready for a date night with my hubby. It feels like we’ve been going, going, going! Less work, more eating and snuggling. haha. Now we just need a baby sitter.
In case you missed it, here’s what happened on the blog this week:
- On Monday, I shared a snapshot into our weekend and joined my dear friend Lisa, saying Hello to Monday.
- On Tuesday I shared some updates to my Fitness Journey. Can’t believe I’ve been at this for 7 and a half months!
- On Wednesday, I shared an outfit I hadn’t styled since January because when I wore it the first time I felt so frumpy in it. I decided to give it a roll this week and loved how it looks now that I’ve been working out.
- On Thursday, my new contributor and amazing stylist Ahndea May shared some tips for styling with Plaid this fall. Be sure to check it out and show us how you’re styling your plaid. If you post a pic be sure to tag @ragstostitches and @ahndeamay
- On Friday, we shared coffee, from a distance of course, because I’ve been sick this week.
Here are some fun things happening around the web that you should be sure to check out!
This Petite Tiny Hearts necklace from Jennifer Dahl Designs is the perfect everyday necklace.
I love a good statement necklace and this Aqua Druzy Agate pendant from Adie’s Lovelies is calling out to me this week! Her shop is full of great must-have jewelry for this fall.
Jen shares seven tips for taking pictures of your kids for non-photographers. These are great tips plus some beautiful picture of her babes!
The leg warmers from The Lovebug Collection are adorable – she has several styles on sale!
This Heart Made Whole necklace from Lisa Leonard is such a great gift for a new mama.
Gussy Sews brought back her beautiful cowls for this fall – the olive green one is my favorite! Which one is a must for you?
Any fun things happening this week on or off the web in your life?